Thursday, November 19, 2009

The latest

Life has been busy for me lately!  Or I should say more busy than normal :-)  I threw a fun Birthday party for my son last Saturday.  It was a bb gun target shooting party. They made their own turkey targets ( Thanks Michele from Made by Meedy for the idea) and then had fun taking turns shooting them.  It turned out to be a huge hit with the boys and one of the easiest partys I have ever thrown.  If you look close you can see their turkeys lined up on the boxes.  This would be a fun Thanksgiving activity.  To make the Turkey targets you just trace out your hand twice on construction paper, cut them out, add google eyes and then attach the paper hands to each side of an empty soda can. I used double sided sticky tape.

We also had one of our neighborhood craft nights on Tuesday.  Thanks to all who came! We did a lot of neat projects to prepare for Christmas.  I was able to share 3 of my projects I have been involved in lately. My Nativity puzzle,  The mini muffin tin advent calendar and the Diamond glaze scrabble tile and washer pendants.  If you have not seen any of these projects you can find them on this blog.

I also keep forgetting to post the scripture tote bag I made a few weeks ago. I gave it to My 13 year old daughter who loves it.  She can fit her scriptures, Young womens journal and personal progress book in it nicely.  We made a red one with black and white polka dotted ribbon for one of her friends as a birthday present a long with a diamond glaze washer pendant necklace. Perfect and easy gifts for girls

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! That would be every boys dream party it seems like to me! I love the scripture tote as well. You are always up to something!!

    ReplyDelete