Thursday, November 5, 2009

Turkeys

In my quest to bring Thanksgiving back on the Calendar I have made a point to make Thanksgiving crafts over the last few years.

I  painted this Turkey for my Mom at her Ward Super Saturday a few years ago.  She was too nervous that she would mess it up. It has a special place in my heart because the following  year she became ill with Cancer and passed away. When we were sorting through her stuff I did  not think she would mind if I took the Turkey home with me. It will always remind me of that fun Super Saturday we spent together before she got sick.


That same year I was in charge of my Ward Super Saturday and this is the Turkey we made.  If you live any where around Salt Lake You can find this Turkey at "The Wood connection"  in Midvale.  I just love that it  is Just simple and cute!


Last year my thankgiving craft was the stitchery I made that I already posted down below.

This year I would like to make a Thanksgiving tree.  Does anyone have any good ideas for that?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it's important to focus on Thanksgiving. It often gets overlooked. I'm wondering, especially after this post, why you have Christmas music playing in the background?! It seems too early, but maybe that's just me. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete