I am so excited let you all know about a Esty give away that I am involved in! I and several other Etsy store owners are donating items from our shops for a 16 prize give away :-) There will be one winner and 16 prizes! Whoot! Whoot! Check out all the details at http://babygiveaways.blogspot.com/2012/05/lds-etsy-team-giveaway-1-winner-16.html
I am giving away a Wood burned, water colored, Decorative set of Russian Dolls. Check out the rest of the great prizes!
So Mothers day is coming up this Sunday and I made a fun and hopefully meaningful gift for all my sisters and sister in law. I have wanted to do this project for about 2 years now and finally got my act together this year and made it happen :-)
My Mom passed away about 5 years ago from cancer. My sister in laws Mom passed away from cancer about 10 years ago. So Mothers day is a difficult day for all of us. I wanted to make something to honor our Mothers, and to keep the memory of their beautiful spirits that have passed onto the other side close to our hearts :-)
I made Pendants with their photo and matching ear rings. I was just going to make the pendants, but felt matching ear rings would be a nice touch :-)
This is my sister in laws Mother up above. Her Birth stone is Garnet so I found beads in that color.
This is my Mother :-) Her Birthday stone is the Amethyst and also her favorite flowers are lilacs so purple is her color :-) I can't wait to wear this on Sunday!
If you want to make something like this yourself here are the supplies I used.
So after a very long time I am posting another bugaboo book club pick :-)
So the book for this month is "Edenbrooke" by Julianne Donaldson.
I have not read this book yet, but I was told by a very good authority (Paula) that it is fantastic! Like stay up until 4:00 in the morning reading it good. It also gets 5 stars on Amazon ratings.
So like I said I have never read this book so I will have to give you a review when I read it ;-)
Paula maybe you can give a review without giving too much away.
Hi people :-)
I have not posted in awhile..... it seems :-/
I have been concentrating most of my energy right now on my garden. I just put my Tomato and pepper plants in the ground and I planted almost all my other stuff about a week and a half ago and it is fun to see all the little baby plants coming up :-) In my next post I will share with you what I have been doing with my garden this year.
Enough about my gardening fetish and lets move onto Pancakes!
I saw a while back someone somewhere talk about how they make pancakes in their Quesadilla maker and I thought to myself, Don't I have a quesadilla maker? So entered my dark cave (garage) where I store all my rarely used appliances and sure enough there it sat way up high on a tall shelf where it has literally collected dust for about 3 years maybe 4?
I had forgotten I had it! I could have used this all this last year as my 3 year old has begged me for quesadillas for lunch.
I wanted to also try this IHOP pancake recipe I found on pinterest;. I thought it would be fun to try them both out and have breakfast for dinner.
They were so Yummy! I doubled the recipe and after a family of 6 people ate this is how much was left pictured above. I also added blueberries to half the batch. What I liked about them is they reminded me a little bit of heaviness of German pancakes, but with a lighter texture. I also found these smaller triangles were perfect sized for my 3 year old who cannot normally finish a big pancake.
1. spray your Quesadilla maker with cooking spray before you pour the pancake batter in.
2. I poured about a 1/4 cup per triangle section.
3. Cook for about 2 min. It gets pretty hot so check it at about a min and a half and poke the fattest part. if batter oozes out you know you need to shut it and cook a little longer. But I found two minutes was pretty perfect except for the batches I made with blueberries had to go a little longer than 2 min.
4. You can pull it out as one big pancake with triangle sections still attached per each persons plate. or break it up in smaller triangles like I did for people to take as much as they wanted. I did find that people ate 5-6 triangles(besides the 3 year old she had two) so it came out to about the same.
5. For the pancake recipe I did not have buttermilk so I just added 2 tablespoons of vinegar per 1 and 1/4 cups of milk. since I doubled my recipe It was 4 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 1/2 cups of milk. I still added a little more milk than they said because the batter was still a little heavy and thick
So if you have a Quesadilla Maker that you have not used in awhile, or have debated if it needs to go off to the thrift store. Try using it for other things besides Quesadillas :-) Every time I type the word quesadilla I hear the way Napoleon Dynamites grandma says quesadilla :-)