Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ready for my last Advent Calendar?

Again I did not take pictures of the process.  My camera batteries were dead and I did not want to wait for them to recharge before getting started on this craft. 
I had purchased a premade Karen Foster Advent calendar. Scrapbooking warehouse had a good sale on theirs. I have to admit I was very surprised at how small it was, but the neat thing about it is it comes with numbers to stick on.

I mod podged Christmas Scrapbook paper on the squares doors and outside edges and back of the advent calendar., I cut 1 1/2 inch squares with my cricut for square doors. Oh and I antiqued around the edges of all the paper before I mod podged actually. I added the numbers and then mod podged again over the numbers.

You could be done right there, but I saw this same Advent Calendar at Gardner Village (A crafty place in Utah) and they had added a handle on the top which I thought was so adorable.  So I added a handle and then tied a ribbon on top.

 I have been having a hard time deciding if should keep the ribbon or if it would be cuter with just the plain handle. 

So anyway that is the last Advent Calendar I will be making this season.  My family will be happy to  have our kitchen table cleared of all my craft stuff :-)  I have a craft room in the basement, but sometimes I find it is easier to craft and be a mom at the same time upstairs where I can be aware of what everyone is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute Michelle!! It looks like you could keep this one out and use it throughout the year, like for birthday, vacation, first day of school, etc. countdowns.

    ReplyDelete