Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wood burned wood eggs

So I have had a little bee in my bonnet for a few weeks now to use my wood burner on wood eggs to put in my Esty shop for spring/Easter time.
 I had a fantastic Christmas Holiday season at my Etsy shop selling my  Nativity puzzles.  My first puzzle sale for the season was November 4th and between then and now I have made and sold about 70 puzzles!  How did I do this you ask?  My family lost their wife and mother for a couple of months that's how :-/  It was crazy!  By far the version that sold the most was my wood burned water colored dark stained puzzle pictured below. 
My personal favorite is the wood burned two tone stained version.



Anyway needless to say I am Nativity puzzled out for now and need a break from it!
So I was super excited yesterday to get my wood eggs finally in the mail from Casey's wood!  I have been dreaming in my head of what I would do with them once I got them.  So yesterday was one of those days.  You know those days when you are in a funk?  Well I was having one of those days until my wood eggs came and then it was like I was the energizer bunny!  I immediately got to work on them!  Here is what I have come up with so far.  I will be posting them soon on my Etsy store as soon as I have them painted and stained :-)


I also tried my hand at wood burning one of my little Peggie's :-)  I am curious how she will look once she  has been painted. Wood burning things this size takes a lot more time and concentration I can tell you that!





Happy crafting!
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I love the eggs!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michell, you are amazing!! I love the eggs! And the little Peggie is adorable also. You're making me want to finally have an Easter tree just so I can use your eggs. :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute! I can't wait to see you at CamPac to get ideas for crafts!!

    ReplyDelete