Monday, January 9, 2012

Orange Cream soda Ice cream!

Saw this on pinterest and had to try it :-) 
The pictures below I took when it was at a sorbet stage, but if you want it like ice cream you need to run your ice cream machine longer until it is thicker. 
Orange soda



                                                                         Root Beer

2 liters of  orange soda (if you want root beer float ice cream you can use root beer)
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
throw it in your ice cream maker and you get a yummy treat!

It turned out really good, but I am curious how it would taste if I did real juice?  I am going to try that next time and and come up with something that tastes more like an orange Julius  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I'm going to have to try this today, eventhough it's freezing outside. I'm loving the ice cream bowl attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. I found an easy and yummy recipe for vanilla ice cream. I added oreos to it one time and strawberries another time. We made cinnamon ice cream too. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete