Thursday, January 5, 2012

Make your own vintage calendar!

I found this adorable website "The blue door"  she has Betsy McCall paper doll issues from the 1950's -1990's. 
Starting in 1961 every January issue they would have seasonal calendar pictures that you could cut out and past onto blank calendars that you could find at drugstores back then. Here is an example below.
 I thought it would be fun to make My own cute vintage calendar with the modern tools we have now using these cute pictures :-)  Go to The blue door to get the PDF form.  I then used my "My Memories" digital scrap booking program to crop out each seasonal picture and then I found that Vista Print has a 50% off sale on all their custom printed wall calendars making it $7.99 (the cheapest price I found on wall calendars, but you can uses whichever photo center you would like) I sent all the pics over to Vista print and I dragged them into the blank calendar spaces for each month. Once you drag into the spot vista print lets you edit/ crop the photo so it is a perfect fit.   Yay! It turned out so cute! I can't wait to get it! 



 This would make a great gift for family and relatives for Christmas! Or a fun January gift :-) That way they are ready for the new year with their new calendar with customized important dates :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment