Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dressing up a dollar store kitchen towel!

So this is what I have been up to lately!
 I was thinking of what I could do this year for some inexpensive, cute, practical gift ideas for Christmas.  When I  saw these cute Kitchen towels at the dollar store the other day knew exactly what I could do with them :-)  I found some pretty vintage pear and apple embroidery patterns online to stitch onto the towels (I have noticed Vintage embroidery is big right now).  I am almost done with the pear towel and this is how it looks so far. I also plan to sew some red ric rac across the bottom.  I want to stitch the apple pattern on the other towel and  I want to make a matching pot holder, trivit and dish towel apron and make it a whole set! I will post how I am doing those once I get them finished :-)
 I am also on the R. S. meeting committee in my ward and we are going to do the towels and aprons for our Super Saturday coming up, but we might be doing flour sack towels instead.
p.s. My Chickens have started laying eggs finally! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment