It feels so good to finally finish a project, especially when it's been sitting in my stash for a while or if I've been working on it for a while. I've been in 'gitter done' mode lately and I'm so glad. Here are a couple of other things I finished recently.
The rod in this picture had been hanging in my dining room for over a year now with absolutely nothing hanging from it. Random! It was a leftover from the previous owners of the house. I should've just taken it down probably, but then I would've had to fill in the holes and touch up the paint, so I decided to just hang something from it. It used be a goldish/whitish color, so I took it down and sprayed it an oil rubbed bronze color, as well as the little flower/star things.
I got the wreaths from Dollar Tree, just like the wreaths hanging on my front door in my previous post. I bought some beans (red and lima) from the store, got out my glue gun and plenty of glue sticks, and went to town! Each bean was glued on individually. This project took a while to finish up since the wreaths took a while to do, but I love how they turned out. Once again, I sat in bed in the evening (after the kids were in bed, usually) or whenever I had time, put on a good tv show, and glued beans. It was a little addicting actually, and was hard to stop when I had other things to do.
The ribbon and the flowers/stars came from Michaels and the idea came from another blog, but I can't remember which one. They actually glued acorns, which were soooo awesome looking, but I didn't have any on hand and it was the wrong time of year to find any at the park and I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg at the store to buy any, sooo beans it was! If you happen to remember seeing the idea on a blog and remember which one it was, please let me know so I can give them credit. Thanks!
This next project idea came from here. I changed it up because I didn't want to mess with cutting the wood and drilling holes, eventhough I love how it looks. I wasn't sure I was going to like my version, but when I finished it up I was pleasantly surprised.
I got the wood and the flowerpots at Michaels. The scrapbook paper came from my sweet friend (she let me dig through her stash) and she helped me with the vinyl lettering as well. She is lucky enough to have a cricut expression, which I want so badly! I guess I need to put it on my Santa list. :) Anway, we started our kids on the new chore system this weekend and so far so good. I always think the beginning of the school year is a great time to reestablish the house rules, change things that don't seem to be working, and introduce new ideas. Hopefully we can keep it all going through the school year and have a great year!
I'm working on another project now that I'm hoping to finish today. It's a 'before and after' project. I'll post pics soon.