Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stitchery on Onesies


So here is my first ever attempt at doing stitchery on Onesies! I have wanted to do this for a while now. I drew out my stitchery patterns and purchased the Package of Onesies a few weeks ago, but I just have not allowed myself the time to sit down and do it!

Finally I made the time yesterday afternoon. It was tricky working with the soft stretchy fabric so I know I can improve next time. I colored in the pea pod and peas with crayon. You just have to make sure you iron it or run it in a hot dryer for a few minutes to make sure it sets into the fabric.

I have about 4 other onesie stitchery patterns that I have made and so I am excited to see how they will turn out too! I also want to add a ruffle or bum ruffles at the bottom with coordinating fabric colors. Kari from U-Create has a great tutorial on that. http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2009/05/ruffle-butt-onesie-tutorial.html

1 comment: