Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another Scrabble Tile Necklace!

Wednesdays the Youth (teens) in my church get together to do activities.  I am one of the leaders over the 12 and 13 year old girls (beehives).  Last night we made scrabble tile necklaces with the 2011 theme on it.
The girls really had a fun time making them!  I got the free file from Sugardoodle.net.  Angela Casperson was kind enough to do the foot work and share it with the rest of us :-) 

Here is how we  made our Necklaces.

If you are new to the whole scrabble necklace thing here is a link to a great tutorial on to how to make them.
I was out of the silver bails that I normally glue to the back so I drilled holes through our tiles with a small hand drill I have and then we pulled the cording through and added a decorative bead (like I do with washer necklaces). Doing it this way these necklaces look really cute as choker. 
 I also made a bead clasp in the back. To do this you tie a bead to one end of the cording and then make a small loop on the other end of the cording.


Then you just put the loop over the bead and now you have a cute matching clasp for your necklace!

Here is the one my 12 year old daughter made. So simple,but so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment