Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Surprise!

I went to a friends baby shower recently and they had the yummiest treat there.  I just had to have the recipe!
It is called pumkin surprise.   I made it last night for my family and they loved it too and it is so easy!
Thanks Erin for sharing your recipe with me :-)

Here is the recipe
PUMPKIN SURPRISE


2 c. canned pumpkin

1 can sweetened condensed milk

3 eggs, beaten

½ tsp. salt

1 c. sugar

2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice

(If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use: 1tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. ginger, ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ¼ tsp. ground cloves = 2tsp. of pumpkin pie spice)

1 ¼ butter, cold

1 white or yellow cake mix (I like yellow)

Conbine the pumpkin, salt, milk, sugar, eggs and spice. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top. Slice the butter very thin and cover the dry cake evenly with it. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Serve either warm or cold. Whip some cream the way you normally would and add a little bit of nutmeg, OR serve with vanilla ice cream.

(note: This calls for a lot of butter so I cut it down to 2 cubes and it worked just fine.) You could cut out some of the sugar too because it is pretty sweet.  I think I will only put in a half a cup of sugar next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment