This set is a mother and her two girls. I have learned that groupings look better in an odd numbered set. So I made this one as 3. Typically Russian dolls come in groups of 5. I actually have a set of 5 that is wood burned and ready to paint, but it is in my church bag because my 3 year old loves to play with them all the time. So I never get a chance to finish them :-)
I hope you all are not getting tired of my little wood projects that I seem to be addicted to lately. Maybe I will try something new soon. Anyway back to the dolls.
I should have taken a picture of these wood dolls before I painted them, but I did not think of that until after I had painted them :-/ Anyway I woodburned the designs and features and then I water colored it and sealed and buffed them.
This set is larger. You can see how big they are from the picture above where I am holding them in my hand. This set would be a cute decoration in a kids room or they can play with it. The smaller ones would be easier to play with though.
The mother looks kinda ornery huh, but I decided I would make this set more realistic :-) I was trying to show how Russian pheasants really looked and felt.
Another project I have been working on is this custom order from my Etsy store. A lady liked my Nativity puzzles and wondered if I could make her a Menorah puzzle. It was a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, but It turned out pretty I think.
How it works is there is a space under each candle for a chocolate coin and it is like a advent where each day you pull out a candle puzzle piece and then you set it in an upright position and eat the chocolate coin underneath. fun :-)
Any way I made three of them and I am sending it off in the mail so I thought I would take a picture of it before I send it because it is a custom order and I may not make one again.