Monday, May 30, 2011

My Gardens

So I thought I would update you all on my gardens :-) 
First off I will update you on my  U shaped raised Lasagna Garden.   I planted peas, spinach, beets, carrots, lettuce and onions early in the spring and they are doing well considering the fact that the sun has rarely come out all spring.  It keeps on raining and snowing .  Seriously I woke up to a sciff of snow just this morning two days before June!  I really  hope it will finally decide to warm up one of these days.  Anyway last week with a lot of faith I planted my warmer weather plants like Tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, egg plant, more carrots and herbs.

Here are some pics.

Here is close up of some of the lettuce,spinach and peas
I planted my corn in my 3 sisters garden last week also.   I hope it works out.  I have never planted a 3 sisters garden before.  Actually, I have never planted corn before either so it is a huge experiment really.
If you don't know what a 3 sisters garden is click on the link above and it can explain it much more then I can.  I will plant the pumpkins and beans and melons next week :-)  Anyway right now it just looks like a bunch of  dirt mounds.

I think I have mentioned before that I am wanting to add more edible plants to my landscaping. 
 So in my front flower garden I planted strawberries, romaine lettuce, a currant bush and a black berry bush.



So anyway there you have it! I will give you another update in a few weeks of  how everything is coming along :-)

Happy Gardening !

No comments:

Post a Comment