Thursday, June 3, 2010

June Bug a boo book pick

This is one of my all time favorites!  It is the kind of book you can read every couple of years and you gain more understanding and get different stuff out of it everytime.  I love C.S. Lewis and his writing style! This book is fantasy, but also teaches lessons on how to look at ourselves and hopfully improve ourselves.  It is about how we make choices that divorce us from God.  It helps you understand that it is not just the big sins that will keep you from being with God it is the smaller things like pride, envy, having to be right, selfishness, focusing on worldly possessions etc. 
I first read this book 15 years ago when my husband had to read it for a class at BYU.  I saw it sitting there and was intriqued with the Title.  I started reading and could not put it down!  It is a smaller book so it does not take much of a time investment, but the spiritual investment is huge! So I hope you take the time to read
 " The Great Divorce".

No comments:

Post a Comment