Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's that time of year again!

   For some reason I get the crafty bug in the Fall.  I have been mostly focusing on Gardening this summer and It has been a great season.  I  can't wait to carve our own pumpkins this year that we grew in our Garden! But it is time to get the crafting on!
   I have not posted on here for a while so I will tell you what I have been up to :-)



Yes that is a Bison!   We were able to go to Yellow Stone over labor day weekend.  That was a lot of fun.  We had never been there before.  What an incredible place!  Our neighbors invited us to go with them and stay at their family cabin that is 15 min. from Yellow Stone Park.


The other thing that I have been up to is getting my Nativity puzzles cut out and ready for my Etsy shop.   I have been really slow getting them done this year. To all you many people who have e-mailed me about them I am sorry it has taken longer than I intended, but I have a confession to make.  My fabulous talented brother usually cuts them out for me because I have been a little scared of using the scroll saw.  And even more scared of ruining good wood trying learn how to use the scroll saw. But he up and got married on me and moved to North Carolina!  So I have been trying to find someone else  who can help me, but I have learned that using the scroll saw is not so bad, but it does take practice and patience.  You can't rush cutting the wood and you have to learn certain tricks and techniques to get certain results.
Any way I am excited to get puzzles ready to sale again at my Etsy shop.  I am going to try and connect it to my blog this year so you can order them straight from here too!  I should have it all going with in the next week.  So keep your eye out!   Also now that I am feeling some confidence with the scroll saw.  I hopefully will be making other wood crafts also.

No comments:

Post a Comment